January is a crucial and busy month for businesses because it is the time of the year when they have to renew their licenses with their municipalities and with the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR).
It is perhaps all the more hectic for small business owners who have not hired an accountant, yet. They have to do the filling up of forms, computation of taxes, submission of the requirements to the City Hall or the BIR office, and all other necessary tasks – and on top of these, accomplishing them within the deadlines set by the government.
To avoid any complications, i.e. penalties and open cases, small business owners in Manila must take note of the following schedule:
January 20, 2019 – deadline of business renewal with the Manila City Hall
- Two copies of accomplished application form (Download Form HERE).
- Original 2019 barangay business clearance
- Original 2019 mayor’s permit
- Original renewal official receipt of 2018
- 2019 community tax certificate / cedula
- Public liability insurance
January 25, 2019 – deadline of Income Tax with the BIR
- Three copies of accomplished BIR Form 2550 M for VAT-registered entity declaring monthly; or
- Three copies of accomplished BIR Form 2550 Q for VAT-registered entity declaring quarterly; or
- Three copies of accomplished BIR Form 2551 Q for Non-VAT registered entity declaring quarterly
January 30, 2019 – deadline of submission of inventory to the BIR
List of inventory with required applicable schedules (hard & soft copies) of finished goods, work in process, raw materials, supplies, and stock-in trade of taxpayers
January 31, 2019 – deadline of business renewal with the BIR
- Accomplished BIR Form 0605
Also, it may not be new to you that whatever transaction you are doing with the government, there will always be fees to pay – so prepare your funds, as well.
Good luck and the Untrapreneur prays that your business thrives this 2019!
Disclaimer: Requirements and procedures may vary depending on the City Hall and your BIR Regional District Office. For more information, click HERE.